Arc Poetry Magazine 89: Arc’s Summer 2019 Issue
Squeeze the most out of summer with our new issue.
Filled with essays, reviews, and the winning poem of Arc‘s 2019 Poem of the Year Contest, this issue is a must-read for your vacation.
Sadiqa de Meijer’s stunning poem “The Imaging Department” has been named the winner of the 2019 Poem of the Year Contest, and Heather Birrell’s “Snow Day Poem” won the hearts of readers to earn the Readers’ Choice award. The Honourable Mention goes to “The Thimble’s Bucket List” by Medrie Purdham.
Other features in this splurge-worthy summer issue include:
- Chelene Knight’s How Poems Work essay, engaging with the work of American poet Patricia Smith;
- Imaginative and hopeful work in translation from Syrian-Palestinian poet Ghayath Almadhoun;
- New poems by Gillian Sze, Erín Moure, Tim Lilburn, and John Steffler, alongside many others;
- Dominique Bernier-Cormier’s essay on the bilingual poetry of Klara du Plessis; and,
- Reviews of poetry collections by Julie Bruck, Susan Gillis, A. F. Moritz, and more.
Subscribe to Arc for all of your seasonal reading.
Or pick up your copy of the new issue at your local magazine stand.
*Back issues are also available online.