The Diana Brebner Prize is awarded yearly for the best poem written by a National Capital Region poet, who has not yet been published in book form. The prize honours the late Diana Brebner, an award-winning Ottawa-based poet who was devoted to fostering literary talent among new, local writers.
2013 Diana Brebner Prize
- Entry fee is $23.00 for up to two poems, and includes a one-year subscription to Arc, beginning with the Summer issue;
- Payments can be made through PayPal, or by cheque or money order made out to the Arc Poetry Society;
- Length of each poem must not exceed 30 lines (including spaces);
- Entrant’s name, address, e-mail, and phone number must not appear on the poem, but on a separate sheet of paper which also lists the titles of the poems entered;
- Entrants must be residents of the National Capital Region and have not yet published their poetry in book form;
- No simultaneous submissions or previously published poems will be accepted;
- Judging is blind;
- 2013’s judge will be Canadian poet Sue Sinclair;
- The winner will be published in Arc’s Summer issue;
- No email submissions will be accepted;
- Entries will not be returned.
Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2013
Send entries to:Diana Brebner Prize Arc Poetry Magazine PO Box 81060 Ottawa, Ontario Canada, K1P 1B1
Read Past Winners:
Privacy Notice: Unless you indicate otherwise, Arc may share addresses of entrants to the 2013 Diana Brebner Prize with similar literary magazines or related organizations for promotional purposes.