Poem of the Year Contest
Extended Deadline: February 15, 2015!
$5,000 could be yours!
In Spring 2015, Arc will be awarding one $5,000 grand prize to the Poem of the Year…and we’ll be accepting email submissions!
February 1, 2015 February 15, 2015
The entry fee is $32 CDN, and includes a one-year Canadian subscription of Arc*
Contest entry fees may be paid online or by cheque or money order mailed with your hard copy contest submissions.
*or two issues to US entrants, or one issue to overseas entrants. Entrants who are currently subscribers may pass along their contest subscription or complimentary issues to a friend. Please include the name and address to which the contest subscription is destined.
- Arc welcomes Poem of the Year entries from Canada, the United States, and around the world. Entrants outside Canada must submit entry fees in Canadian funds. Please include a cheque in Canadian funds, use the online payment option or mail a money order in Canadian funds.
- Entrants may submit up to two unpublished poems with each $32 fee (extra poems: $5 per poem).
- The length of each poem must not exceed 100 lines.
- Entrant’s name, address, e-mail and phone number must not appear on the poems, but instead on a separate sheet that also lists the titles of the poems entered or in the body of the submission email.
- Judging is blind.
- No entrants (including winners, honourable mentions, or authors of Editor’s Choice poems) may substitute, before, during, or after judging, a revision of any poem already submitted to the contest.
- No poems will be returned.
Deadline: Entries must be postmarked or emailed no later than 11:59 pm,
February 1, 2015 February 15, 2015.
Shortlist: 25 shortlisted poems, pending permission of their authors, will be eligible for the Readers’ Choice Award. Visit us in March to read our Readers’ Choice selections and cast your vote!
Publication: The winning poem, honourable mentions, Readers’ Choice winner and Editor’s Choice poems will be published in Arc’s Summer 2015 issue
Privacy Notice: Unless you indicate otherwise, Arc may share addresses of entrants to the 2014 Poem of the Year Contest with similar literary magazines or related organizations for promotional purposes.
Please email entries to email@example.com
or mail you entry to:
Poem of the Year Contest
Arc Poetry Magazine
PO Box 81060
Canada, K1P 1B1
Poem of the Year Contest Entry Fees
Each entry of 1-2 poems entitles the entrant to a one-year subscription of Arc.